Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm a Birdbrain!

I've got birdies on the brain.  I'm still working on my frigate.  My second one is not bad.  I think a bit better than the first.  His beak stands more at attention.  I've thought of adding some black spots to the bellies, but I think that, even when I perfect this that the flat ones are still cartoonish.  If I get a good dimensional one, I will add them with enamel.

                                                                   

Today I want to try some dimensional birdies.  I've got my button mandrel dipped for some blue boobie feet.  I'm thinking a bobbing bird for this, but I really don't think I can pull it off!  Did I post a blue footed boobie?  There are actually three kinds of boobie birds in the Galapagos:  The blue footed, the white footed and I forgot the other name!  I'll look up my notes and add some information on my next post.

Good news is, we don't have another trip planned before next summer, so I'll be able to catch up on my past, unfinished projects.  I have been even more lazy than usual over the holidays--I hope that some of you have noticed--but plan to get back on track!

Oh yes--and Happy New Year to you all!
                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    You are right! compare to the picture, I think it is better if you work a little bit more on the beak to straight it up. To me it has a curve on it while the beak on the picture is more straight.I hope you know what do i mean and I am sorry if it is rude to suggest you what to do because i am not a proffesional in such a nice art work!
    Love you,
    Mojgan

    ReplyDelete