Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's My Blog...and I'll Jump If I Want To!

Yes, I'm jumping ahead again!  Today I want to make a frigate bird in glass.  These exquisite birds of the galapagos are a thrill to see in flight over the pacific.  My bead model is all puffed up in full mating ritual glory!  I'm starting with a flat bead.  If that goes well, I'll try in 3D!

This is the first time I've ever designed a glass bead on paper before I made it.  We'll see how it goes!



Resting on our ship!


                                         ...and my first frigate:  (I never promised realism)


                                                                         
                                 (it's flipped cause this side came out better--the other's not bad,  
                                    but it's missing the black on its body.)

                    Thank you to Jennifer Geldard, http://www.glassgirl.com/  for your great tutorial!
                                                  








 


No comments:

Post a Comment