Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Trip of Firsts...

Costa Rica was definitely a trip of firsts.  My first time white water rafting--okay, so the waves were wimpy--I can still say that I did it!  The guide only had to grab me to prevent me from falling into the water once!  So...definitely a mild trip.  First time I saw Bob in a bathing suit--and there will be no pictures because he was upset with me for even mentioning it.  I still can't promise that I will refrain from posting a pic of him cooking though!

Did you know that OAT (Overseas Adventure Travel) has the cure for fear of heights?*  I also managed to walk the 860-foot suspension bridge over the Rio Sarapiqui:


                                                                 
 

See...I'm even happy...as long as the bridge isn't bouncing.  I even glided over the trees on a zip line:

                                                                            
                                                                              
 
                                                                       
It really wasn't bad.  Can't say that it's something I'd want to do again, though.


*Machu Picchu
                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. I know about those bridges from my trip to Peru. Good for you for doing all those 'firsts'

    ReplyDelete