Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Museum of Broken Relationships



Probably the most interesting of the quirky museums that I've seen on my travels, (the Paprika Museum in Hungary and the Opium Museum in Thailand make the list) The Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb, Croatia is a fascinating collection of hysterical and heart wrenching memorabilia from relationships from around the world. Romantic relationships, of course, are well represented, as are relationships between children and absent fathers, deceased mothers, and those destroyed by abuse and drugs.
 
Some of my personal favorite highlights from the museum are: 
 
 
 
 
 
                   
The museum also has some excruciating reminders of what a cruel world we live in:
 
 
 

Although this exhibit was the first one that I saw when I walked in, I like to think it was actually the last and was the museum's happy ending:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
                                                                 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment